Monday, January 20, 2014

I have gone missing for a day or two

I think the annual post holiday, its my birthday, back into a routine gig brought upon the general malaise.  But I am back now, and raring to go.

Book update.  I am reading The Art of Racing in the Rain.  Jury is still out.  There have been a couple of sentiments presented in the book that I do love, but again...I am sensing the tragedy coming.  There is something melancholy about the writing.  I don't hate it, but man...I think I am going to have to read a comedy next.

I am also reading The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown.  It is part of an Oprah "Life Class" adventure I am on right now.   Lots of introspection, which is REALLY not my favorite, but its necessary right now. Along this same line, I am reading another book (yes, that is three so far) called 52 Ways to Lead a Kick Ass Life by Andrea Owen.  She writes like I think, which I always appreciate.

It is Girl Scout cookie time, which consumes a fair portion of time and energy.  I am currently sitting here, writing this, with my calendar and notebook mocking me, waiting for me to organize it.  Sigh.

Here is today's weird fact.  I was out driving today, and it was snowing, and raining and hailing and then all of a sudden FLASH...the brightest flash of lightning I think I have ever seen and KABOOM a crazy loud clap of thunder.  THUNDERSNOW.  I had heard of it, but never witnessed it.  I am still seeing spots.

Stay tuned.  There will be more about the books soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment