Sunday, November 10, 2013

I suppose I ought to give a "regular life" update too

There have been big doin's around here. 

Me:  Managed to pull my head out of my ass long enough to refinance my ex off the house we lived in (he had been living in it) and the kids and I and Ami J moved back in.  Moving sucks, but it has been spectacular.  Right this minute, I am typing from my newly re-organized office space in my bedroom and I am in love with it.  I continue to try to remain as organized as possible-I am a work in progress, and I am also learning to try to limit my commitments.  I am hoping the aforementioned book project will help with that.   This remains to be seen.

Avery:  She is nearly 12.  This blows my mind.  She is in 6th grade, very smart, extremely kind, and very, very, very fresh.  I suppose she comes by it honestly, but man...we are going to butt heads. 
She loves to read, which I love.  Here she is devouring another book, surrounded by members of our zoo.
 
 
Jack:  He turned 9 this summer.  This ALSO blows my mind.  He is in 4th grade, continues to excel in school and in athletics.  He would play all sports simultaneously if there was a way to do it.  I can't lie.  I derive such joy from watching him play.  It is so natural for him and it never was natural for me, so I am sort of in awe.  He is also pretty mouthy.  Shocking.
 
I effing love this picture.  He would probably be horrified if he knew I was publishing it for the world to see.  Lucky for him, I don't think anyone reads this blog. 
 
 
There are days when we hold it together MacGyver style-with dental floss and gum, but there are days that are also pretty spectacular.  I live for those moments.  


1 comment: