Monday, November 11, 2013

If I am smart

and sometimes I am, I will use this blog as an outlet, not just a book review. 

My life is far from exotic.  And most of the time I am okay with that.  I am very lucky, and I am quite grateful for all that I do have.  But for sure, it is the mundane that runs me down.  The stupid, petty bullshit that exists in the every day.  The scheduling, and the fact that my kids don't want to put their laundry away, or that I have to fight with Jack sometimes because he just doesn't understand that I can't always drop what I am doing to buy him baseball cards (all real things that happened just today in my life, btw).  Oh and did I mention that a bird got into the house today and the kids called me freaking out and Avery couldn't possibly open the front door and try to shoo him out...that would be unsafe.  So I left work early expecting some rabid bird flying around the house pecking everyone's eyes out...here is what I came home to....ready?  Its pretty scary...

GASP.  IT IS A HOUSE WREN!  And when I opened the front door of the house, he flew out.  Just like that.  Without having to take any drastic measures like opening a window too.  This is my life, folks.  I can't make this shit up.

So I do my best to take a deep breath, maybe have some form of alcohol, and move on.  I do struggle with the move on portion of this...but I am trying.  And I am getting better.  But we are all works in progress. 

So now, the house is quieter, the laundry is mostly away, and everyone appears calm.  So its reading time for a bit before my tired eyes give out for the night.  On to more Zen...

No comments:

Post a Comment