Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Things I heard along the way yesterday...

Most of the really funny things I heard come from my kids.  So do many of the most honest things.

Me: "I love you Jack.  You are my best guy"
Jack: "Um, Mom?  I am your only guy"
Ouch.
(of course he did very kindly offer to be my Valentine)(which means I buy my own Valentine gift)(maybe I will get an iPad)

My children had gotten into a big fight on Monday night and had vowed to not speak to each other for a month.  I waited yesterday morning until they had been happily chatting for 30 minutes or so and said "Oh!  I see you have decided to talk to each other".  They both very quickly rationalized why they were having a discussion.  "Well Mom, we were only talking about breakfast.  That's okay to talk about".

I am teaching 4 classes this semester-2 on campus and 2 online.  I took my on campus class to the library last night so they could get a little lesson on researching, and I invited my corresponding online class to come as well.  I don't usually meet my online students, but it was easy to identify them-they were all the ones I didn't recognize.  One of them was speaking with the reference librarian (I think, btw, I maybe should have been a librarian.  She and I got very excited about the same things that most people would find exceedingly dull) and thought she was the teacher. When she pointed me out, the student said "Oh I thought she was one of the students!  She looks so young!"  Nicest thing anyone said to me yesterday.  I think I shall give her an A.

Have a glorious day.

No comments:

Post a Comment