Thursday, February 2, 2012

Words

It is always amazing to me how a few simple words can reduce me to nothing.  Or make me laugh.  Or make me want to love you forever.  They are powerful little things.

Yesterday, at work (which despite my outward appearance of confidence, is somewhere that lately I have felt very out of my comfort zone) someone, who has no idea how to do my job, commented on something that I wasn't able to coordinate.  I wanted to curl up and die.  Never mind the countless things I have been able to pull off-no one really notices those.  They notice the times you can't.

I spent the whole day being pissed off, and that was a whole day I wasted.  Although, it did make me work harder at the gym yesterday because I wanted to see if I could burn off the negative energy-so I guess that is a positive.

This isn't how I want to live my life.  And for the most part, this isn't how I would want anyone else to feel.  So I am going to try to work from a strengths based perspective from now on.  Focus on what the people around me have done that is good 90% of the time.  The times they screw up, well...let's just try to move on.

I am not perfect (sorry if I just ruined that picture in your head of me), so I know there will be days that this plan won't work.  But life is too short not to try.

Everything was sort of put into perspective at the very end of my night last night.  I wrote what I hope was an encouraging set of words to my best friend, and she replied with the words that make it all worthwhile.

"I love you."

So to all of you-I love you.  Have a great day.  You don't look fat.  Those pants make your ass look fantastic.  Its totally ok that you ate an entire box of Girl Scout cookies for dinner.  (just don't do it everyday).  You are a good parent.  A good friend.  And if the other people in your life can't see that?  Screw them.

No comments:

Post a Comment