Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thursday

is my favorite day of the week.  Strange, I know.  Most people like Fridays or Saturdays, but I like Thursdays. 

Thursday is the first day during the week when I can stop and breathe for a minute.  Let me explain. 

Friday is ok.  I mean, its the end of the work week, but I am generally exhausted.  The kids and I  get a pizza and we watch Wipeout.  For those of you have seen more than one episode of Wipeout, you might understand why this might get old (I do love you John Anderson and John Hensen, however)(Good night, and big balls)(Ok, its a really funny show).  Saturday is errand day.  Cram in all the stuff you need to get done day-hair cuts, grocery shopping, pet store.  Sunday might be the day of rest for some, but I generally clean, do laundry, get everyone ready for the week, catch up on school work, maybe see a friend or two (this isn't a chore, obviously).  No rest for the weary (or wicked, depending on your point of view).  Monday is, well...Monday.  Tuesday and Wednesday, I go to my full time day job and then I go to my (pretty close to full time) night job, and I am generally doing work for the night job during the day job (time management is something I am working on)  My students email me like crazy Monday through Wednesday.  I can't explain it.  Email traffic is for sure much higher on those days.  And then comes beautiful Thursday.  Thursday is the day I get my kids back, the day that doesn't seem to have so much pressure even though all the stuff I didn't finish on the other days is actually still there waiting for me.  Thursday I don't have to carry 42 bags to work with me to make sure I have everything I need for work (1), work (2), the gym, lunch, etc...I just carry my purse. 

So, Thursday I salute you.  I will take the breather wherever I can get it.  And even though today is actually a Thursday that I have to run an errand on my lunch hour (is Girl Scout cookie time OVER YET???), its not so bad.  The sun is out, its remarkably warm for February in New England, and I am breathing.  I will take it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment